15 Minute Pasta
This is sure to be one of those recipes you make again and again. A verstaile recipe, try adding some olives or some fresh herbs.
For 4 people
Time: 20 minutes
- 198g can Green Giant sweet corn
- 350g/12oz penne
- 4 rashers thickly cut lean back bacon
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium courgette
- 450g/1lb ripe cherry tomatoes
- A few basil leaves
- Large saucepan
- Large saute or deep frying pan
Back to All Recipes >
- Cook pasta in a large pan of boiling salted water for 8-10 minutes, until just tender, al dente.
- While the pasta is cooking, cut the bacon into small pieces, cut the courgette into small dice and halve the cherry tomatoes, drain the sweet corn.
- Heat the oil in a large saute or deep frying pan, add the bacon and cook for 4 minutes over a medium high heat. Turn up the heat and add the courgette and cook together for 1 minute, stirring.
- Add the tomatoes and cook for 1 minute, then stir in the sweet corn.
- Drain the pasta and add to the pan, season with salt and pepper, scatter in a few torn basil leaves, heat through and serve.
Tip: instead of cherry tomatoes, roughly chop 4 large vine tomatoes into chunks.