Baked chicken fajitas sweet potatoes
For 6 people
Time: 90 minutes
- 6 sweet potatoes (about 250g each)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 300g chicken breast, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 198g tin Green giant sweetcorn, drained
- Juice of 1 lime
- A handful fresh coriander, chopped, plus extra to serve
- 75g mature cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 avocado, peeled, stone removed and diced
- 200g salsa, to serve
- Deep frying pan or saute pan with lid
- Baking tray
- Large bowl
Back to All Recipes >
- Preheat the oven to 200C, 180C fan, gas 6. Place the sweet potatoes onto a baking tray and cook in the oven for 45-50 minutes, until tender.
- Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a large pan and cook the onion and peppers, over a high heat, for 5-6 minutes, until just tender and starting to turn golden. Remove from the pan and place to one side. Heat the remaining oil in the pan and cook the chicken for 5 minutes before stirring the onion and peppers back in. Stir in the garlic, cumin, paprika and sweetcorn and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Cut the sweet potatoes in half and scrape out the middle, leaving a 0.5cm edge. Place the sweet potato flesh into a large bowl and mix together with the chicken mixture, lime juice, and coriander. Season then refill the sweet potatoes and top with the cheese.
- Place the sweet potatoes back in the oven and cook for 10-15 minutes, until the cheese has melted. Serve with the avocado and salsa and garnish with the coriander.
Tips: You can use fajita seasoning instead of the individual spices in the recipe above, if you have it in your cupboard.