Easy Peasy Pizza
Children love pizza and they can get involved with the assembly, by choosing their favourite topping to go with sweetcorn.
For 4 people
Time: 30 minutes
- 198g can Green Giant Sweet Corn, drained
- 250g plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp mixed dried herbs, Italian would be good.
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium free range egg
- 6 tbsp semi skimmed milk
- 6 tbsp pizza topping sauce or tomato and basil pasta sauce
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and diced
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 125g ball mozzarella cheese
- Large mixing bowl
- Baking sheet
Back to All Recipes >
- Heat the oven to 200C (fan 180C) 400F/gas 6. To make the base, put the flour, baking powder, salt and dried herbs into a large bowl. Whisk the oil, egg and milk together in a jug, then pour into the bowl and with a rubber spatula, fold together until a soft dough forms.
- Roll into a ball and place on the greased baking sheet tray and press out into a large circle about 28cm in diameter. Place in the oven to cook for 10 minutes until the edges begin to crisp.
- Take out of the oven and spread over the topping sauce of choice, scatter the sweet corn and diced pepper then add the halved tomatoes. Season the topping
- Cut or tear the mozzarrella into small pieces and add to the pizza. Return to the oven and cook for 10-12 minutes.
- Serve with a green salad.
Tip: part cooking the base before adding the topping ensures the pizza will not be soggy.
Other cheese can be used eg soft goat’s cheese, grated cheddar, crumbled Cheshire or ricotta. For an extra cheesey flavour sprinkle the top with grated Parmesan cheese