Terrific Spinach Tortilla
Add a little spanish flair to your familys dinner with this great Tortilla!
For 6 people
Time: 60 minutes
- 340g Green Giant Sweet Corn
- 2 medium onions
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 300g bag spinach
- 250g/9oz potatoes
- 6 large eggs
- 3 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 25cm/10” non-stick frying pan
- Large saucepan
- Large bowl
- Medium bowl
- Palette knife
Back to All Recipes >
- Peel and finely slice the onion, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in the frying pan and cook the onion over a medium heat the onion for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally until softened.
- Meanwhile, peel the potatoes and cut into small dice, put into a pan with light salted water and boil for 8-10 minutes until just tender, drain. Add to the onions and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Cook the spinach in a large pan of boiling water for 1 minute until just wilted. Drain in a colander and immediately transfer to a bowl of cold water to stop cooking. Drain again, squeezing to extract excess water. Place on a board and roughly chop. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Drain the sweet corn, add to the spinach with the potato and onions.
- Lightly beat the eggs, season then stir into the vegetables.
- Heat the remaining oil in the frying pan then add the egg mixture and cook over a medium low heat 10 -15 minutes or until almost set.
- Remove from the heat, scatter over the cheese and pop under a hot grill for 2 minutes until the top is golden. Cover and stand for 10 minutes so the steam firms up the tortilla.
- Run a palette knife around the edge to loosen the tortilla then slide onto a large flat plate. Cut into wedges and serve warm or cold.