Brilliant Baked Chicken
A simple supper dish that all the family can enjoy - and each portion has 3 of your 5 A Day.
For 4 people
Time: 30 minutes
- 340g can Green Giant Sweet Corn
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 1 medium red onion
- 2 medium courgettes (approx 400g/14oz)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 400g can chopped tomatoes with herbs
- 150 ml/5 fl oz well-flavoured chicken stock
- 2 tsp cornflour
- Large frying pan
- Large ovenproof dish
Back to All Recipes >
- Heat oven to 190C /180C fan/375F, gas mark 5.
- Drain the sweetcorn and tip into the bottom of a large ovenproof dish.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan with 1 tablespoon of the oil, season the chicken breasts then place in the pan to cook over a high heat to lightly brown on each side. Place them on top of the sweet corn.
- While the chicken is cooking, peel the onion and slice thickly, cut the courgettes into 2.5cm/1” chunks. Peel the garlic and roughly chop. Reheat the frying pan, add the rest of the oil to the pan and add all of these vegetables. Toss over a high heat for 3-4 minutes then transfer to the dish.
- Stir in the canned tomatoes and the stock. Blend the cornflour with a little water, add to the pan Bring to the boil and when thickened, spoon over the chicken. Bake in the oven 25 minutes until the chicken is tender.
- Serve with boiled new potatoes or a basket of bread.
Tip: Wine can be substituted for the stock.