Chicken Noodle Soup
This delicious soup is a great and cheap way to make the whole family a tasty and nutritious meal.
For 4 people
Time: 60 minutes
- 198g can Green Giant Sweet Corn
- 4 chicken legs
- 2 carrots
- 1 onion
- 2 celery sticks
- 2 bay leaves
- 1.5 L chicken stock (just use a couple of stock cubes if you haven't got real chicken stock)
- A handful of vermicelli
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- Large saucepan
Back to All Recipes >
- Start by just chopping up the carrots, onion and celery and putting them into a large pan with the chicken legs and bay leaves, pour in the stock. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 45 minutes until the chicken is tender
- Next take the chicken out of the broth and put it on a plate to cool for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile crumble the vermicelli into the broth and add the sweet corn. Bring it all to a simmer and cook for 3 minutes.
- Chop the chicken into bite-size pieces, put it back in the soup and heat it up until it's nice and hot - have a quick taste and put in some salt and pepper if you think it needs it.
- Lastly scatter the chopped parsley over the soup and serve straight-away!
Tip: Cooking the chicken in stock will give the stock a brilliant flavour and will make the chicken really tasty and succulent. Plus for a zingy winter version of this dish soup add about a teaspoon of chopped fresh ginger to the stock while cooking the chicken.