Coconut Vegetable Curry
This cracking coconut curry is packed with fascinating flavors and great tasting vegetables.
For 4 people
Time: 30 minutes
- 340g can Green Giant Sweet Corn
- 1 medium onion
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ butternut squash (approx 500g)
- 350g/12oz cauliflower florets
- 40g/1½oz red lentils
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 tbsp Madras curry paste
- 400ml can reduced fat coconut milk
- 300ml/½ pint vegetable stock
- 115g/4oz spinach
- Large saucepan or saute pan
Back to All Recipes >
- Peel and chop the onion, crush the garlic. Remove the seeds from the squash, cut away the skin then cut into 2.5cm/1” chunks.
- If the cauliflower florets are large, cut in half. Put the lentils in a sieve and rinse.
- Heat the oil in a large pan, add the onion and cook over a medium heat for 5 minutes, add the garlic, squash and curry paste then stir together for 1 minute.
- Pour in the coconut milk, stock and add the lentils, cover and simmer for 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, drain the sweet corn, shred the spinach and stir both into the pan with the cauliflower, cover and cook for 8 minutes by which time the lentils will be soft and thicken the curry.
- Season if needed and serve.