Crunchy Topped Chicken Leek and Sweet Corn Pie
Kids and adults alike will love the crunchy topping of this pie.
For 4 people
Time: 60 minutes
- 340g can Green Giant Niblets, drained
- 25g butter
- 2 large leeks, trimmed and sliced
- 25g plain flour
- 350ml chicken stock
- 150ml single cream
- 350g cooked chicken, cut into bite-size pieces
- 100g sliced ham, roughly shredded
- Topping: 15g butter, melted
- Topping: 3 -4 sheets filo pastry (approx 125g)
- 15g butter, melted
- 3 -4 sheets filo pastry (approx 125g)
- Deep non-stick frying pan
- Ovenproof dish
Back to All Recipes >
- Heat the oven to 190C/375F/gas mark 5
- Melt the butter and cook the leeks over a gentle heat for 10 minutes until softened.
- Stir in the flour then when absorbed into the mixture, gradually add the stock and cream. Bring the sauce to simmer then add the, chicken, ham and sweet corn and the chicken, cook gently for 2-3 minutes then transfer to a 2.5-3L ovenproof dish.
- Tear the filo pastry into wide strips. Lightly brush with butter then casually arrange over the pie filling to create a ruffled effect.
- Bake the pie for 35-40 minutes until the pastry is crisp and golden.
Tip: If preferred, use 250g baby button mushrooms instead of the leeks. It may be convenient to buy a ready spit roasted chicken from the supermarket, make sure all the skin is removed