Easy Peasy Paella
Here's a great way to cook a simple paella quickly and cheaply.
For 4 people
Time: 60 minutes
- 198g can Green Giant Sweet Corn, drained
- 4 chicken thighs
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 150g chorizo, skinned and cut into slices or diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, seeded and diced
- 200g short or medium grain rice eg risotto or paella
- 600ml chicken stock
- 1 pinch saffron threads (optional)
- 2 tomatoes, skinned and chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- Large deep frying pan
Back to All Recipes >
- Remove the skin and trim any excess fat from the chicken thighs. If you wish, remove the bone with a sharp knife, (may be helpful for children eating this dish). Heat the frying pan with the oil and fry the chicken thighs over a medium high heat for about 5 minutes each side, until golden. Lift the chicken onto a plate then pour off excess fat from the pan.
- Add the chorizo to the pan and fry for about 2 minutes until lightly brown and the fat runs. Add onion, cook, stirring for 3 minutes. Stir in the garlic, pepper and rice, once the rice is coated in oil add the chicken stock and saffron if using, return the chicken to the pan, cover and simmer gently for 15 minutes.
- Stir in the sweet corn and tomatoes and cook for a further 10 minutes until the rice is tender and the stock has been absorbed. Season if needed and scatter with chopped parsley.
Tip : look for ready diced chorizo in the supermarket, as it also has the skin removed.