Fabulous Corn & Bacon Fritters
Breakfast, lunch or dinner - these fabulous fritters are quick to make and delicious with a crisp green salad.
For 8 people
Time: 20 minutes
- 340g can Green Giant Sweet Corn
- 5 rashers lean streaky bacon (approx 100g/3½oz)
- 2 spring onions
- 1 large egg
- 50g/2oz plain or wholemeal flour
- 2 tbsp milk
- large pinch chilli powder (optional)
- 4 tsp light olive oil or sunflower oil
- Grill rack
- 1 large bowl
- Large non-stick frying pan
- Rubber spatula
- Fish slice
Back to All Recipes >
- Heat the grill and place the bacon on the grill rack, cook for 5-6 minutes until crispy. Transfer to kitchen paper and break or chop into small pieces.
- Trim the spring onions and chop finely. Drain the sweet corn.
- In a large bowl beat the egg with the milk, flour, chilli powder (if using), until smooth. Fold in the bacon, onions and drained sweetcorn.
- In the medium bowl, whisk the egg white until stiff then fold into the mixture.
- Heat the frying pan to medium-high heat, add the oil then drop 4 tablespoons of the mixture into the pan, leaving space between them to spread a little.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes until golden underneath, carefully turn them and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Keep warm in a heated oven or cover with foil while cooking the rest of the fritters.
Tip: These fritters are great with ketchup but if serving as a light meal, accompany with a fresh tomato salsa and crisp green salad.