Family Favourite Fish Pie
This family favourite is simply gorgeous - for variation try substituting the cod with pollock.
For 4 people
Time: 60 minutes
- 340g can Green Giant Sweet Corn
- 700g potatoes
- 300g skinless salmon fillet
- 400g skinless cod or other white fish fillet, (eg pollack)
- ½ bunch (5-6) spring onions, trimmed
- 15g butter
- 75g mature cheddar cheese, grated
- 400ml semi-skimmed milk
- 4 rounded tsp cornflour
- 1 tsp powdered vegetable stock (eg Marigold)
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- Large saucepan
- Ovenproof dish
- Medium pan
Back to All Recipes >
- Peel potatoes and cut into 2.5cm/1” chunks. Put into large pan, cover with water and bring to the boil. Boil for 8 minutes until just tender.
- Meanwhile, heat the oven to 190C/gas 5, then cut the fish into chunks similar size and place into a buttered ovenproof dish (approx 1.5litre.) Drain the sweet corn and scatter over the fish, Chop the spring onions and scatter over.
- Drain the potatoes, return to the pan, add the butter and when melted gently toss together with the cheese.
- To make the sauce pour a little of the milk into a small bowl and blend with the cornflour. Heat the rest of the milk in a pan with the vegetable stock powder, when almost simmering, quickly stir in the blended cornflour and stir until the sauce thickens, cook over a low heat for 1 minute (this should be quite a thick sauce ). Take off the heat and stir in the parsley, pour evenly into the dish, then using a fork gently lift the ingredients so they are coated in the sauce.
- Spoon over the potatoes then place the dish in the oven to bake for 35 minutes or until the potatoes are golden .
- Serve with green vegetables such as broccoli or green beans.