Fish ‘n’ Rice Supper
This is a very simple dish to make and one that children will love as the fish is mixed into the rice, so there are no nasty bones to contend with.
For 4 people
Time: 20 minutes
- 195g can Green Giant Sweet Corn, drained
- 25g butter
- 1 medium onion
- 1 tsp medium curry powder
- 225g easy-cook long grain rice
- 450ml hot fish or vegetable stock
- 350g skinless cod loin or haddock fillet
- 150g broccoli florets
- 2 tomatoes, skinned and chopped
- Grated zest and juice 1 lemon
- Chopped chives or parsley
- Deep frying pan with lid
Back to All Recipes >
- Heat the frying pan, add butter and when melted add onion and cook over 3-4 minutes to soften. Stir in the curry powder and cook briefly.
- Add the rice and then the hot stock, simmer, covered for 10 minutes. Meanwhile cut the fish into small chunks and trim the broccoli florets so they are small pieces.
- Gently stir in the fish, broccoli, sweet corn and tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes until the fish and rice are done. Stir in the lemon zest, juice and fresh herbs
- Season if needed.
Tip: For an extra treat you can add some peeled prawns.