Golden Sweet Corn and Potato Cakes
Perfect with a couple of rashers of bacon and a few cherry tomatoes, these potato cakes are delicious at any time of the day.
For 8 people
Time: 60 minutes
- 340g can Green Giant sweet corn
- 500g/1lb 2oz potatoes
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp reduced fat mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
- Spray olive oil
- Large saucepan
- Potato masher
- Baking sheet
- Non-stick baking parchment
Back to All Recipes >
- Peel the potatoes, cut in even-sized chunks and put into a large pan of cold salted water. Cover and bring to the boil, then cook for about 20 minutes or until tender. Drain well, put the pan back on the heat to dry the potatoes, remove from the hob then mash well and beat in the mayonnaise, season if needed.
- Heat the oven to 200C /190C fan/400F, gas mark 6.
- Drain the sweet corn then add to the potato mixture with the parsley.
- Line a baking sheet with non-stick parchment paper. Form the mixture into 8 cakes and place them on the paper.
- Spray with the oil and bake for 25 minutes or until golden.
Tip : These can be prepared the night before and refrigerated. Perfect for breakfast served with a fried or poached egg and put some vine cherry tomatoes in the oven to roast for 15 minutes to serve with the cakes.