Honeyed Winter Salad
A great way to serve butternut squash, rosating vegetables really brings out the flavor.
For 4 people
Time: 30 minutes
- 198g can Green Giant Sweet Corn, drained
- medium butternut squash, (approx 900g)
- 3 large carrots, peeled, cut into thick slices
- 3 red onions, peeled and each cut into 6 wedges
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- few sprigs of fresh herbs eg thyme or rosemary
- salt and pepper
- 4 tsp clear honey
- 150g baby spinach leaves
- 125g Cheshire cheese, crumbled
- 4 tbsp Balsamic dressing
- Large roasting tin
Back to All Recipes >
- Heat the oven to 220C/200F fan/gas7. Cut the skin off the butternut then cut into bite-size pieces. Put into a large roasting tin with the carrots and onions then drizzle over the oil, turn the vegetables to give them a light coating. Season with a little salt and freshly ground black pepper then tuck the herbs between the vegetables.
- Roast for 20 minutes, remove from the oven, turn the vegetable over then drizzle with the honey. Return to the oven and cook a further 5 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender and slightly charred. Meanwhile, put the spinach leaves into a bowl with the sweet corn.
- Remove the honeyed vegetables from the oven, cool a little and add to the bowl with the sweet corn, crumbled cheese and dressing, toss together.
Variation : Add some crumbled Wensleydale or Feta cheese to the salad if preferred
Tip: The roasted vegetables are as delicious served warm or cold. To make your own dressing, whisk together 3 tbsp olive oil, 3 tsp white wine or balsamic vinegar and 1 tsp Dijon mustard