Hot Corn Cakes
Children will love these american style savoury pancakes with cheese, peppers , chives and Green Giant sweet corn.
For 12 people
Time: 20 minutes
- 340g can Green Giant Sweet Corn, drained
- 155g bottle Shake to Make Betty Crocker American Style pancake mix
- 2 tbsp chopped chives or 2 tsp dried
- ½ red pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 75g half fat Cheddar cheese, grated
- oil for frying (35g)
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 3 tbsp chopped cucumber
- 1 tbsp tomato ketchup
- Large and small mixing bowl
- Large frying pan
- Fish slice
Back to All Recipes >
- Make the pancake mix as directed on the bottle. Tip into a large bowl then add the sweet corn, chives, red pepper and cheese and stir together.
- In a small bowl prepare and mix the salsa ingredients together.
- Heat the frying pan, when hot, pour in 1 tablespoon oil. Drop about 3 tablespoons of the mixture into the pan and lower the heat to medium. Cook the pancakes for 2-3 minutes, lift the underside with a fish slice and if golden brown, turn them over and cook until the second side is golden, remove from the pan.
- Add another teaspoon of oil to the pan and continue to cook the mixture as before.
- Serve with the salsa.
Tip: Use 3 finely chopped spring onions to replace the chives if preferred.