Lemon Basil Chicken and Corn Salad
Spinach leaves are used in this salad as they are more robust than most salad leaves, especially as the chicken is served warm.
For 4 people
Time: 30 minutes
- 340g can Green Giant Sweet Corn, drained
- 500g skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp Italian herb seasoning
- Grated zest and juice 1 lemon
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 100g bag baby spinach leaves
- 5 spring onions, trimmed and chopped
- 16 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Handful basil leaves
- Large Griddle Pan
Back to All Recipes >
- Cut the chicken into long thin strips about 2 cm wide, place in a glass dish with the garlic, Italian herbs, lemon zest and 2 tablespoons of the oil, season with black pepper and mix together so the chicken is evenly coated. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile divide the spinach leaves between four shallow serving dishes, scatter over the spring onions, sweet corn and tomatoes.
- Make a dressing by mixing together the remaining oil, and lemon juice, season and set aside.
- Heat a griddle pan until hot, then lift the chicken from the marinade and griddle in batches, until the chicken is cooked through. Arrange on the salads and spoon over the dressing, scatter with shredded basil leaves. Serve with crusted seeded bread.
Tip: If you do not have a griddle pan, use a large non-stick frying pan. If you want to make this veggie, swap the chicken for sliced halloumi.