Lemony-Tuna Spag Bol
Canned tuna and sweet corn are brilliant store cupboard staples which can be turned into a brilliant inspiring meal with minimal hassle and expense.
For 4 people
Time: 15 minutes
- 340 g can Green Giant sweet corn, drained
- 300g spaghetti
- 1 tsp salt
- 250g broccoli florets
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Juice and grated zest 1 lemon
- 1 large clove garlic, crushed
- 2 x 185g cans tuna chunks in springwater drained
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley (optional)
- Large saucepan
- Medium frying pan
Back to All Recipes >
- Put a large pan with lightly salted to boil then add the spaghetti and cook for 8 minutes. Meanwhile cut the broccoli into slices then add to the spaghetti and cook together for 2 minutes until both are just tender.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat a medium frying, add the oil and garlic and when it starts to sizzle, add the drained sweet corn, toss together for 2 minutes. Add lemon juice and zest, then the drained tuna and break it up with a wooden spoon while it is heating through for 2-3 minutes. Add parsley if using.
- Drain the pasta and broccoli and divide between heated serving dishes. Spoon over the tuna and sweet corn mixture and fork through into the spaghetti.
- Serve with a little grated cheese if wished. Accompany with a green or mixed salad.