Magical Moroccan Pie
This is a great way to sprinkle a little Jolly Green Giant 'magic' into any meal time!
For 4 people
Time: 60 minutes
- 198g can Green Giant sweet corn
- 1 large onion
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 500g/ 1lb 2oz skinless chicken breasts
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 450ml/3/4 pint chicken stock
- 73g/3oz raisins
- small handful coriander or flat leaved parsley
- 1 portion Jus-Rol ready rolled puff pastry
- beaten egg or milk to glaze
- Large non-stick frying pan or saute pan
- Ovenproof pie dish
Back to All Recipes >
- Preheat the oven to 200C /190fan/400F/ gas mark 6.
- Peel and chop the onion, heat a large frying or saute pan, add the oil and onion and cook about 5 minutes over a medium heat until softened.
- Meanwhile crush the garlic and cut the chicken into large chunks. Add to the onion and stir over a medium high heat for 5 minutes. Add the spices and flour and stir over the heat for 1 minute, then gradually add the stock, bring to simmer and when the sauce has thickened remove from the heat.
- Drain the sweet corn, stir into the chicken mixture with the raisins, chop the coriander and add, season if needed. Turn into a pie dish.
- Unroll the pastry and carefully place on top of the filling. Press onto the edge then trim the excess pastry. Brush the top with beaten egg or milk then bake in the oven for 40 minutes until the pastry is crisp and golden.