Mexican Rice Salad
A few dried apricots and a pinch of chilli flakes mean this salad has great sweet and spicy flavour.
For 6 people
Time: 20 minutes
- 340g can Green Giant Sweet Corn
- 175g/6oz long grain and wild rice
- 50g/2oz ready to eat apricots
- 1 stick celery
- 4 spring onions
- 2 ripe vine tomatoes
- 1 green pepper
- Dressing :
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- pinch dried chilli flakes (optional)
- 1 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 large saucepan
- Large mixing bowl
Back to All Recipes >
- Bring a large pan with lightly salted water to the boil, add the rice and cook for 15 minutes or until the rice is tender.
- Meanwhile, chop the apricots, finely chop the celery, trim and chop the spring onions. Halve the tomatoes, remove the seeds and chop. Remove the core and seeds from the pepper and chop into small dice, drain the sweet corn.
- Drain the rice, rinse under cold water then drain again. Turn into a bowl and add all the prepared ingredients.
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients, pour into the bowl and mix everything together.
Tip: Either serve on its own or top with some left-over shredded cooked chicken. Use also as an accompaniment to grilled chicken wings or drumsticks.