This meal is guaranteed to become a family favourite. Try storing any leftovers in the fridge and using as a topping on jacket potatoes for lunch the next day.
For 4 people
Time: 20 minutes
- 340g can Green Giant Sweet Corn
- 1 medium onion
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 500g lean minced beef (5% fat)
- 1 red or green pepper
- 1 clove garlic
- 350g jar tomato and chilli pasta sauce
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 200ml vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped coriander or flat leaved parsley
- Large frying or saute pan
Back to All Recipes >
- Peel and chop the onion, heat the oil in a large non stick frying pan, add the onion and beef and stir fry 4-5 minutes until the beef begins to brown. Crush the garlic and add to the pan and stir in.
- Remove seeds from the pepper and chop, then add to the pan and cook over a medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Pour in the pasta sauce, rinse out the jar with the vegetable stock and add to the mixture. Drain the sweet corn, add to the pan and simmer together for 10 minutes.
- Season if needed, add the chopped coriander or parsley and serve.
Tip: Serve with boiled rice or cooked pasta.