A quick dish that will get kids interested in food, as they can choose their own toppings!
For 8 people
Time: 20 minutes
- 194g can Green Giant Sweet Corn
- 4 wholemeal or plain muffins
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 250g jar tomato and herb pizza topping
- ½ red or green pepper
- 75g/3oz Cheddar cheese, grated
- Small saucepan
- Grill rack
Back to All Recipes >
- Slice the muffins, brush the cut side with olive oil and lightly toast them on both sides, under a hot grill – or just pop them in a toaster if you’re pressed for time.
- Drain the sweet corn and chop the pepper into small chunks.
- Now spread the toasted muffins with the tomato sauce, scatter over the sweet corn and peppers and top with grated cheese.
- Place under the grill for 3-4 minutes until the cheese has melted – serve to excited children or adults!
Tip: Just add your favourite ingredients to the top of these pizzas, such as thick slices of chorizo sausage, diced ham, sliced button mushrooms or a different cheeses. This where your children can have lots of fun making their own mini pizzas or even making faces on the pizzas with the ingredients.
Also instead of using muffins try Old El Paso flour tortillas – just place the tortillas on to a baking sheet and top with the tomato sauce, sweetcorn, pepper and cheese and bake in a hot oven for 8 minutes for a little feel of Mexico!