Nice 'N Easy Singapore Noodles
Bursting with colour and flavour, a perfect meal without meat.
For 4 people
Time: 25 minutes
- 250g thin egg noodles or vermicelli pasta
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 410g can Green Giant Baby corn, drained, cut into
- 2cm lengths
- 1 red and 1 green pepper, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 large carrots, thin matchsticks or very thinly sliced
- 200g beansprouts, washed
- 3-4 tsp mild curry powder
- 1 tsp finely grated ginger
- 100ml vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- Large saucepan
- Large wok or saute pan
Back to All Recipes >
- Cook the noodles for 3-4 minutes or as directed on the pack, drain through a sieve, rinse in warm water and set aside.
- Heat a wok, add a teaspoon of the oil then one of the eggs, swirl around to make a thin omelette, turn out onto a board and roll up, repeat with another teaspoon oil and remaining egg. Cut the omelette rolls into thin strips.
- Heat the remaining oil in the wok, add the garlic, the prepared vegetables and stir fry for 4-5 minutes. Add the beansprouts, curry powder and ginger, stir together then add the stock and soy sauce.
- Add the drained noodles to the pan and use two forks to separate them and toss everything around. Finally add the omelette rolls and serve.
Tip : Curry powder and tastes vary, so add just enough, so all the family will eat this dish. Use 1 tsp powdered vegetable stock dissolved in hot water for this recipe. Scatter over thinly sliced spring onion, or fresh red chillies if preferred.