Oriental Beef Salad
Strips of lean steak on a crunchy salad with sweet corn, this recipe is bursting with oriental flavours.
For 4 people
Time: 20 minutes
- 198g can Green Giant Sweet Corn, drained
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 3-4 minute steaks approx 350g
- 150g sugar snaps
- 1 red pepper
- 1 bunch spring onions
- 175g beansprouts
- Handful coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- Bag mixed red and green leaves
- 1 tbsp sunflower or ground nut oil
- Juice 1 lime
- 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tbsp light or dark soy sauce
- Shallow dish
- Small saucepan
- Mixing bowl
- Large frying pan
Back to All Recipes >
- Put the garlic, light soy sauce and sesame oil into the shallow dish, mix together then place the steaks in the marinade turning so they are coated on each side.
- Trim the sugar snaps and pull off the strings from down the sides, then halve them on the diagonal. Plunge into a small saucepan of boiling water and boil for 2 minutes. Drain, then tip into a bowl of cold water for 2 minutes. Drain again, tip into a mixing bowl.
- Trim the spring onions, slice thinly on the diagonal. Deseed the red pepper and cut into short thin strips. Put these into the bowl with the beansprouts, sweet corn, coriander and salad leaves. Mix the dressing, add to salad and toss together then divide between serving plates.
- Heat the frying pan until very hot. Lift the meat from the dish, place in the frying pan and cook for about 2 minutes each side until lightly browned, slightly less if they are very thin pieces. Place on a board and cut into thin strips, arrange over the salads and serve.
Tip: This dish can be made with chicken escalopes, while beef can be served rare, chicken must be cooked fully.