Pasta Bake with added Ho Ho Ho
A pasta bake is one of those great standby meals everyone loves - here's how to make it even better!
For 4 people
Time: 30 minutes
- 198g can Green Giant Sweet Corn
- 175g/6oz pasta shells
- 185g can of tuna in oil
- 1 onion
- 115g/4oz mushrooms
- 1 clove garlic
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 3 tbsp half fat creme fraiche
- 75g/3 oz cheddar cheese, grated
- Large saucepan
- Large frying pan
- Ovenproof dish
Back to All Recipes >
- Cook the pasta for about 8-10 minutes until it’s tender but still has a bit of bite, then drain and refresh under cold water.
- While the pasta is cooking peel chop up the onion, mushrooms and garlic. Pre-heat the oven to 190C/180Cfan/375F/gas mark 5.
- Next pour a tablespoon of the oil from the tuna into a frying pan and stir-fry the onion, mushrooms and garlic for about 4-5 minutes until softened.
- Then stir in the tomatoes and oregano, bring to simmer and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in creme fraiche, season if needed – your children will probably love stirring in the crème fraiche and watching the colour of the red tomato mixture turning a subtle pink.
- Next pour away the rest of the oil from the tuna and add it to the pan. Then add the sweet corn and stir in the drained pasta.
- Put it all into an ovenproof dish, scatter over the cheese and bake for 15 minutes until bubbling and the cheese is golden. Mmmm!
Tip: Do not over cook this dish in the oven or it will become dry as the pasta will absorb the sauce.