Perfect Pork Stir-Fry
Egg noodles, hoisin stir fry sauce, mangetout and spring onions make this stir fry tasty and exciting - and one serving counts for 2 of your 5-a-Day!
For 4 people
Time: 20 minutes
- 340g can Green Giant Sweet Corn
- 115g/4oz mangetout
- 1 large red pepper
- 1 bunch spring onions
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 400g minced pork
- 195 g jar Hoi Sin Stir Fry Sauce
- 175g/6oz egg noodles
- Small bowl
- Medium bowl
- Large frying pan or wok
Back to All Recipes >
- To prepare the vegetables, trim the mangetout then cut across into thin strips. Halve the pepper, remove core and seeds then cut into small pieces. Trim the spring onions and slice. Peel and thinly slice the garlic, drain the sweetcorn.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large frying pan or wok, when very hot add the pork and break it up with a wooden spoon while stir frying it over a high heat for 5 minutes until browned and almost crisp. Turn into a bowl.
- Cook the noodles as directed on the packet.
- Reheat the pan, add the rest of the oil then add the mangetout, pepper and spring onions, stir fry for 2 minutes. Add the garlic and sweet corn and cook for 1 minute. Pour in the sauce and bring to simmer, return the pork into the pan, and over a high heat toss everything together until heated through.
- Serve on a bed of cooked egg noodles.
Tip : Other flavours of Stir Fry sauce can used such as Yellow Bean Sauce.
For convenience you can use a 350g bag of ready cooked fresh egg noodles, found in the chiller cabinet.