Potato, Cabbage, Corn Pan Fry with Bacon
A simple, inexpensive and delicious recipe that will appeal to everyone in the family.
For 4 people
Time: 20 minutes
- 340g can Green Giant Sweet Corn, drained
- 350g small new potatoes
- 1/2 medium Savoy cabbage (200g)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 6 rashers thick cut lean back bacon(approx 240g)
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce (optional)
- Saucepan with steamer
- Large non-stick frying pan
Back to All Recipes >
- Cut the potatoes in half or quarters depending on their size to make 3 cm chunks. Put into a pan with lightly salted water and boil for 3 minutes. Shred the cabbage, place in a steamer then place on top of the potatoes and cook for a further 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile heat the oil in the frying pan, add the onion and bacon and cook for 5 minutes over a medium high heat, turning them to cook evenly.
- Drain the potatoes and add to the frying pan and cook for a further 5 minutes until all the ingredients are turning golden.
- Finally add the cabbage, drained sweet corn and Worcestershire sauce (if using) and cook for 2 minutes to heat through. Season with black pepper if needed.