Quick Chicken and Corn Curry
Cheaper and healthier than a takeaway, this delcious curry is also quick and easy to make.
For 4 people
Time: 30 minutes
- 340g can Green Giant Sweet Corn, drained
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- Small knob fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 4 tsp medium curry paste or powder
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 300ml chicken stock
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 green pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3 tbsp Greek style yogurt
- Deep frying pan or flameproof casserole
Back to All Recipes >
- Heat the oil in the pan add the onion and ginger and cook for 3-4 minutes over a medium heat to soften. Add the chicken then continue to cook for 5 minutes until lightly browned.
- Add the garlic and curry paste and cook for 1 minute.
- Pour over the stock and stir in the tomato puree, Sweet corn and green pepper, bring to simmer and cook gently for 10 minutes or until the chicken is tender.
- Take the pan off the heat and stir in the yogurt. Season if needed.
Serve with boiled rice, naan or chapatis. Tip : If you like a milder curry, use a mild curry paste or powder, if you like it hotter, add a seeded and chopped red chilli or dried chilli flakes to taste. You can change the green pepper to 150g broccoli florets if preferred. Look out for offers on bags of chicken breasts and keep in freezer, as chicken breasts can be expensive.