Quick & Easy Sausage and Corn Hash
A brilliantly simple supper for when there's not much time and everyone's hungry.
For 4 people
Time: 30 minutes
- 198g can Green Giant Sweet Corn, drained
- 450g potatoes, peeled
- 340g chipolata sausages
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 large eggs
- 4 beefsteak, halved or 150g cherry tomatoes on the vine
- Medium Saucepan
- Grill pan
- Large frying pan
- Baking sheet
Back to All Recipes >
- Cut the potatoes into 2.5cm (1”) cubes and put into a pan with boiling water, boil for 6-7 minutes until almost cooked. Tip into a sieve and drain. While the potatoes are cooking, put the sausages under the grill and cook for 6 minutes, turning until browned.
- Remove and using tongs, cut into 3 cm pieces.
- Heat a very large frying pan, add the oil and then the potatoes and cook over a medium high heat, turning them for about 5 minutes until they are turning brown. Add and onion and continue to cook for a further 5 minutes or until the potatoes have a golden crust.
- Stir in the sausages and sweet corn and toss together for 1-2 minutes
- Make 4 dips in the hash and crack an egg into each one. Cover with a lid or baking sheet and cook over a medium low heat for 8-10 minutes until the whites are set and the yolks still soft. While the eggs are cooking grill, brush the tomatoes with a little oil and grill. Serve the hash with the tomatoes.
Tip: look for good quality sausages as generally they will contain less fat and more meat.