Simple Beef and Corn Stroganoff
This is an easy recipe for a dish that's often considered complicated. It's ready in about 25 minutes!
For 4 people
Time: 20 minutes
- 198g can Green Giant Sweet Corn, drained
- 450g rump or sirloin steak (approx 400g after trimming fat)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 15g butter
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, seeded and cut into small strips
- 200g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 200ml beef stock
- 150g sour cream
- Snipped chives or parsley or paprika
- Large non-stick frying pan
Back to All Recipes >
- Trim off and fat from the meat and then cut the meat across the grain into thin slices.
- Heat the oil in the pan, when very hot, add the steak strips and stir fry for 2 minutes until seared and browned. Lift out of the pan
- Melt the butter in the pan, add the onion and cook over a medium heat for 5 minutes until softened. Add the garlic, pepper and mushrooms and continue to cook for 3 minutes, stirring. Stir in the drained sweet corn and the stock, simmer for 5 minutes.
- Return the beef with any juices. Stir in 2/3rds of the sour cream and gently heat without boiling (if the mixture boils it will curdle).
- Season to taste and spoon the strogonoff on to a bed of rice or noodles. Add a small dollop of the remaining sour cream and sprinkle with herbs or paprika and serve.
Tip: This dish can be made with chicken escalopes, while beef can be served rare, chicken must be cooked fully.