Simple Homemade Pasta Sauce
A simple , inexpensive and delicious pasta sauce that will appeal to everyone in the family.
For 4 people
Time: 20 minutes
- 340g can Green Giant sweet corn, drained
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 x 400g cans plum tomatoes
- 1 tbsp fresh basil leaves
- Pinch sugar
- Salt and pepper
- 300g pasta shapes, such as shells
- Grated cheese to serve
- Medium pan
- Large pan
Back to All Recipes >
- Peel and slice the garlic, heat the oil in a thick bottomed pan, cook the garlic until golden. Add the tomatoes and season. Cook over a high heat for 15 minutes, breaking up the tomatoes with a wooden spoon and stirring to prevent them sticking as they cook.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pan of lightly salted water to the boil, add the spaghetti and cook for approximately 10 minutes until just tender.
- When reduced and pulpy, season to taste, add the drained sweet corn and heat through finally add the basil leaves.
- Drain the pasta and serve in bowls topped with the sauce and grated cheese.
Tip: Other ingredients can be added to the sauce, some shredded ham, leftover sausages which will need to be re-heated separately, some cooked and chopped broccoli.