Simple Tuna Burgers
Kids always love burgers and these simple tuna burgers are a nice alternative to minced beef.
For 8 people
Time: 60 minutes
- 198g can Green Giant Sweet Corn, drained
- 450g peeled potatoes
- 2 tbsp reduced fat mayonnaise
- 2 x 160g cans tuna in brine or springwater, drained
- 3 tbsp chopped parsley
- 50g wholemeal breadcrumbs
- Spray oil
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced or cut into wedges
- Medium pan
- Mixing bowl
- Baking sheet
- Baking parchment
Back to All Recipes >
- Cut the potatoes into chunks, then boil in lightly salted water for 10 -12 minutes until tender. Drain and mash with the mayonnaise.
- When cool add the tuna, sweet corn and parsley, season with black pepper the mix well. Divide the mixture into 8 equal portions and form into fish cakes about 2.5cm/1” thick.
- Press each patty lightly on each side into the breadcrumbs. Place on a baking sheet lined with baking parchment. Lightly spray with spray oil and bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden, turning halfway through. Serve 2 burgers per portion with half a tomato.
Tip: Serve with grilled halved cherry tomatoes if preferred.