Sizzling Cajun Chicken Salad
Super easy and ready in 20 minutes, this salad is bursting with fantastic flavours.
For 4 people
Time: 20 minutes
- 340g can Green Giant Sweet Corn
- 400g chicken mini fillets
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- cajun seasoning
- 2 romaine lettuce
- 1 red pepper
- 1 small red onion
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- ½ cucumber
- 4 tsp sunflower seeds
- 5 tbsp Italian or French dressing
- Frying pan or griddle
- Large bowl
- Small bowl
Back to All Recipes >
- Brush the chicken fillets with one tablespoon of the oil then dust with the cajun seasoning.
- To prepare the salad, chop the lettuce into large pieces and put into a large bowl.
- Drain the sweet corn and add to lettuce. Cut the pepper in half, remove the core and seeds then cut into thin strips. Peel the onion and thinly slice, halve the cherry tomatoes and cut the cucumber into 1cm/½” chunks, add all of these vegetables to the bowl.
- Pour the dressing over the vegetables and toss together. Divide between serving dishes.
- Heat either a large non-stick frying pan or a griddle pan, when hot, add the rest of the oil, then the seasoned chicken pieces and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side over a medium high heat use tongs to turn the chicken. Once cooked, cut the hot chicken into half and scatter over the salads, sprinkle with sunflower seeds and serve immediately.
Tip : Mini chicken fillets are easy to use and quick to cook, alternatively, slice chicken breasts thickly and use in the same way. This salad needs robust salad leaves, if preferred separate the leaves from 3 little gem lettuce or use iceberg lettuce chopped into large chunks.