Sizzling Chinese Chicken
Get out the chopsticks and have a fun meal with the family!
For 4 people
Time: 20 minutes
- 340g can Green Giant Sweet Corn drained
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tsp Chinese five-spice powder
- 2 tsp chilli sauce
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 400g chicken breast, cut into strips
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 200g mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 100g mangetout, trimmed and halved
- 150ml chicken stock
- 3 tbsp oyster sauce
- Large wok or non-stick frying pan.
Back to All Recipes >
- Put the soy sauce, five spice powder, chilli sauce and cornflour into a bowl, blend together then add the chicken and leave for 10 minutes while preparing the vegetables.
- Heat a large wok or frying pan until very hot, add the oil then add the chicken. Stir fry for 3-4 minutes, until golden.
- Add the onion, garlic mushrooms and pepper, stir fry for 2-3 minutes. Add the mangetout, sweet corn and stock, simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the oyster sauce toss together and serve with boiled basmati or long grain rice.