Springtime Minestrone Soup
A delicious and inexpensive soup, full of vegetables, a great way to get your 5 a day!
For 4 people
Time: 30 minutes
- 198g can Green Giant Sweet Corn, drained
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 medium leek, trimmed and chopped
- 1 large potato, peeled and diced
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 1 L vegetable stock
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 50g spaghetti broken into small pieces
- 50g green cabbage, finely shredded
- Large saucepan
Back to All Recipes >
- Heat the oil in a large pan, add the onion, garlic, leek, potato and carrot and cook over a low heat for 10 minutes, until the onion is soft and golden.
- Add the stock, canned tomatoes and bring to simmer, cook 10 minutes.
- Stir in the pasta, sweet corn and cabbage, cook for 7-9 minutes, until the pasta is tender, season if needed before serving.
Tip: this is a great recipe to use up odds and ends of vegetables and any left-over spaghetti.