Summer Filo Baskets
s it heats up outside these filo baskets will remain cool,and so will you as these are super easy to make with Jus-rol Filo Pastry.
For 9 people
Time: 30 minutes
- 198g can Green Giant Sweet Corn, drained
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 1 large courgette, trimmed and diced small
- 1 large red pepper, deseeded and chopped small
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 190g jar Stir- through tomato pasta sauce
- 3 sheets Jus Rol Filo thawed
- 25g/1oz butter, melted
- Large frying pan
- Deep muffin tin
Back to All Recipes >
- Heat the oven to 180C/gas 4
- To make the filling heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the prepared onion, courgettes pepper and garlic and stir fry over a medium heat, for 5-6 minutes until just softened.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the sweet corn, sauce and heat through for 3-4 minutes over a low heat.
- Cut the filo pastry into squares approx 12cm/4½ ins, trimming the edge of the sheets if needed Take three squares, lightly brush with melted butter then place on top of each other at different angles. Place over a hole in the muffin tin and gently ease into the base so the points stick upright to make a basket effect. Repeat with the rest of the squares.
- Place in the oven to cook for 6-8 minutes until golden brown and crisp.
- Spoon the vegetables into the pastry cases and serve warm.
Tip: if wished scatter crumbled feta cheese or goat’s cheese and basil leaves over before serving.