Summery Chicken and Orange Salad
Fresh and light - perfect for a hot summer's day.
For 4 people
Time: 20 minutes
- 198g can Green Giant Sweet Corn, drained
- 2 oranges
- Medium bag mixed salad leaves
- 350g cooked chicken breast
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- Dressing: 6 tbsp low fat yogurt
- Dressing: 2 tsp mango chutney
- Dressing: 1 tsp mild curry paste
- Serrated edged knife
Back to All Recipes >
- Use the serrated edged knife to cut the top and bottom off the oranges, then cut off all the peel and white pith. Cut the flesh into segments, by cutting down between the membranes to release each segment, reserving any juice.
- Arrange the salad leaves on each serving plate, add orange segments, sweet corn and the chicken and scatter over red onion.
- Whisk the yogurt with the mango chutney and curry paste and any reserved orange juice, drizzle over the salads.
Tip : Use 3 large mandarin oranges if preferred. To cook chicken for a salad like this, either poach the breast gently in chicken stock for 15 minutes and cool in the liquid, the chicken will be moist and succulent. Alternatively, season, spray with a little oil, wrap in foil and bake in medium hot oven for 25 minutes.