Super Fast Fajitas
With a tangy corn and avocado salsa these fajitas are a perfect feast fiesta for all the family.
For 4 people
Time: 20 minutes
- 1 large red pepper
- 2 medium onions
- 400g chicken mini fillets
- 3 tbsp sunflower oil
- 35g sachet Old El Paso Fajitas seasoning
- 1 pkt Old El Paso flour tortillas
- 198g can Green Giant Niblets Sweet Corn
- 2 small avocado
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, crushed (optional)
- 2 tomatoes
- Griddle Pan
- Large Frying Pan
- Medium Bowl
Back to All Recipes >
- Heat the oven to 180C (170Cfan)350F, gas 4.
- Prepare the salsa first, halve the avocado, discard the stone then peel. Put into a bowl with the lime juice and crushed garlic if using and roughly mash but leave some chunks. Halve the tomatoes and scoop out the seeds, then cut into small pieces, drain the sweet corn then add both to the bowl and stir everything together, seasoning with black pepper.
- Wrap the tortillas in foil and put in the oven to warm for 15 minutes.
- Remove seeds from pepper and cut into thin strips, peel and slice the onion.
- Take the chicken and if some of the fillets are thick, cut them lengthways in half to make even-sized strips, put into large bowl with 2 tablespoons of the oil, toss to coat. Add the seasoning and toss again.
- Heat a griddle pan and when hot place the chicken pieces evenly to cook for 4-5 minutes, turning them when they are browned. Turn into a dish and keep warm in the oven.
- Heat the frying pan with the rest of the oil, add peppers and onions and stir fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Take the warm tortillas, divide chicken between them, add peppers and onion then a good dollop of the salsa, roll up and serve.
Tip : for the salsa you can use a tub of fresh salsa and add the drained sweet corn.