Sweet and Crunchy Cheese Salad with Corn
A sweet and colorful salad with healthy ingredients full of vitamins.
For 4 people
Time: 25 minutes
- 198g can Green Giant Sweet Corn, drained
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled
- 2 medium carrots, peeled (approx 50g each)
- 1 very small red onion, thinly sliced
- 200g Edam cheese
- 1/2 bunch radish, trimmed and sliced
- 4 little gem lettuce, trimmed and washed
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 tsp runny honey
- 3 tbsp light olive oil or sunflower oil
- 2 tbsp plain low fat yogurt
- Salt and pepper
- Large bowl
Back to All Recipes >
- Halve the cucumber lengthways, scoop out the seeds then cut into slices or chunks, put into a large bowl with the drained sweet corn.
- Coarsely grate the carrot add to the bowl with the sliced onion and radish slices. Remove the red coating from the cheese then thickly slice about 5mm thick, then cut into batons about the same width, or cut into small triangles, add to the salad.
- Shred the lettuce and divide between 4 serving dishes. Whisk the dressing ingredients together, add to the salad and toss together. Spoon onto the lettuce.
- Snip the chives then scatter over the salad and serve with crusty bread.
Tip: you can add other favourite raw vegetables such as chopped celery or green pepper to this salad if you wish.