Sweet Corn and Broccoli Quiche
Perfect for summer eating, whether its a picnic, al fresco dining or a light supper with a salad.
For 6 people
Time: 60 minutes
- 340g can Green Giant Sweet Corn
- 1 portion Jus-Rol ready rolled shortcrust pastry, thawed
- 1 head broccoli (approx 250g/9oz)
- 1 medium onion
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 50g/2oz Feta or Cheshire cheese
- 3 large eggs
- 150ml/ 5 fl oz full-cream milk
- 23cm quiche tin
- Medium saucepan
- Measuring jug
Back to All Recipes >
- Heat the oven to 200C /190Cfan/400F/ gas mark 6.
- Carefully unroll the pastry and line a 23cm quiche tin, trim the edge of excess pastry and prick the base with a fork. Line with foil and fold the excess foil into the edge of the pastry, crumpling to help support the sides of the pastry case, bake in the oven for 10 minutes. Remove the foil and cook for a further 5 minutes until the base is set.
- While baking the pastry case, trim the broccoli into small florets and plunge into boiling water for 2 minutes, drain well and pat dry on kitchen paper.
- Peel and finely chop the onion. Return the pan to the heat, add the olive oil and onion and cook over a medium heat about 5 minutes until softened, add the broccoli and drained sweet corn, mix together then spoon into the pastry case. Crumble over the Feta or Cheshire cheese.
- Beat the eggs with the milk, season then pour into the tart.
- Return the flan to the oven and cook at 180C (170Cfan), 350F, gas 4 for 25 minutes until set and lightly golden.
Tip : perfect for summer eating served with a crisp salad whether al fresco or for a picnic.
Place the quiche tin on a baking sheet to make it easier to lift into the oven when assembled.