Sweet Potato and Creamed Corn Soup
A delicious creamy easy to make soup, full of goodness and flavour, perfect to take to work, or have on stand by for a quick meal.
For 4 people
Time: 20 minutes
- 418g can Green Giant Creamed Style sweet corn
- 3 medium or 2 large sweet potatoes. approx 750g (peeled weight 600g)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp mild curry paste
- 750ml vegetable stock
- dollop low fat yogurt, to serve
- fresh coriander (if available)
- Large saucepan
- Stick hand blender or food processor
Back to All Recipes >
- Peel the potatoes and roughly chop.
- Heat the oil in a large pan, add the onion and cook for 3-4 minutes until beginning to soften, add the garlic, curry paste and sweet potatoes and cook another 2 minutes over a medium heat.
- Pour in the stock and creamed sweet corn. Bring to simmer, cover the pan and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until the potato is soft.
- Remove the pan from the heat and blend with a hand blender or in a food processor until smooth. Season if needed, then re-heat before serving.
- Serve each portion with a dollop of yogurt and coriander leaves if using.