Tasty Beef and Black Bean Stir Fry
Make your favourite Chinese dish at home with this quick and easy recipe.
For 4 people
Time: 20 minutes
- 418g can Green Giant Baby Corn, drained and halved
- 350g lean beef steak
- 4 tsp vegetable or groundnut oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 red pepper, seeded, sliced or diced
- 125g kale or curly cabbage, discard tough stalks, shredded
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 5 tbsp black bean sauce (100g)
- 150ml hot beef stock
- Wok or large non-stick frying pan
Back to All Recipes >
- Cut the beef into thin slices abut 5cm long and 3mm thick.
- Heat a wok or large frying pan until very hot. Add 2 tsp of the oil and when it is slightly smoking, add the beef and stir fry for 2-3 minutes until browned .Remove from the pan into a bowl.
- Re-heat the wok, add the remaining oil and then the onion, pepper and kale and stir fry for 2 minutes, until the kale has wilted. Now add the garlic, ginger and baby corn and stir fry for 1 minute. Add the black bean sauce and hot beef stock and simmer for1-2 minutes.
- Return the beef with any juices, toss together until hot and covered in sauce.
Tip : Serve over cooked noodles or rice. For children break noodles into short lengths before cooking, and toss with the beef and sauce to serve. Look for ready shredded kale or cabbage in the supermarket.