Tex Mex Rice
A super all-in-one pot recipe - colourful, tasty and low cost.
For 4 people
Time: 20 minutes
- 340g can Green Giant Sweet Corn
- 225g long grain rice
- 750 ml chicken stock
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 red or green pepper, seeded and diced
- few drops chilli sauce (optional)
- 150g lean ham, diced
- 175g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 spring onions, chopped
- Large saucepan
Back to All Recipes >
- Put the rice in the saucepan with the stock and tomato puree and ground cumin, bring to simmer then, simmer with the lid almost on for 8 minutes.
- Add the peppers, sweet corn and chilli sauce if using and cook a further 8 minutes or until the rice is just tender.
- Stir in the ham and cherry tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes, season if needed.
- To serve, scatter over chopped spring onion.
Tip : Ask for the end piece of ham on the deli counter it is often sold cheaper than sliced.
Left-over chicken or turkey can also be used in this recipe if preferred. Anyone who likes spicier food can add some more chilli sauce if they wish.