Tuna Pasta Salad
This classic salad is great for a quick and simple supper.
For 4 people
Time: 20 minutes
- 340g can Green Giant Sweet Corn, drained
- 175g pasta shapes
- 75g green beans, trimmed and halved
- ½ small red onion, finely sliced
- 175g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 200g can tuna in oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 100g bag baby salad leaves of choice
- Large bowl
Back to All Recipes >
- Cook the pasta in lightly salted water according to the packet directions. During the last 3 minutes add the beans and cook together Drain and rinse under cold water to cool, drain again. Put the pasta shells and beans into a large bowl with the drained sweet corn, red onion and cherry tomatoes.
- Drain the tuna, reserving the oil, flake the fish and add to the bowl.
- Whisk 2 tbsp of the reserved oil with the lemon juice and mustard then add to the salad and gently toss together.
- Put a handful of the salad leaves into individual salad bowls, top with the tuna salad and serve.
Tip: If preferred use tuna in brine, drained and then use 4 tbsp ready made dressing. Tip: Instead of bagged salad leaves use shredded Cos or little gem lettuce.