Vegetable Pasta Bake
A perfect quick fix for those "what to cook" evenings, using pasta and sweet corn - food cupboard staples that children love.
For 4 people
Time: 60 minutes
- 340g can Green Giant Niblets
- 200g pasta twists
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 red pepper, seeded and cut into small strips
- 2 courgettes, diced
- 500g carton passatta (sieved tomatoes)
- 100g light cream cheese
- ½ tsp dried basil or Italian herbs
- 75g reduced fat cheddar cheese, grated
- Large pan
- Deep frying pan or saute pan
Back to All Recipes >
- Heat the oven to 200C/400F/gas mark 6. Put the pasta into a large pan salted water and cook for 10 minutes or until just tender. Drain but reserve 100ml of the cooking water
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a shallow pan, add the onion and cook 2-3 minutes to soften, add the garlic, pepper and courgettes and cook a further 2 minutes .Pour in the passatta, cream cheese, basil and the reserved pasta water, heat until smooth. Season.
- Stir in the pasta and drained sweet corn, turn into an ovenproof dish, scatter over the cheddar cheese and bake for 20 minutes until bubbling and golden.
Tip : look for cartons of passatta flavoured with basil.