Very Veggie Chilli
this hearty vege chilli will keep all your family happy and satisfied, just put in less chilli, if you think it might be too spicy for your little ones!
For 4 people
Time: 60 minutes
- 340g can Green Giant Sweet Corn, drained
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- 1 red and 1 green pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp each ground coriander and cumin
- 2 tsp mild chilli powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 400 g can chopped tomatoes
- 240ml/8fl oz vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 400g can mixed beans, rinsed and drained
- Deep frying pan or saute pan with lid
Back to All Recipes >
- Heat the oil in a deep frying pan or saute pan with lid. Add the onion and peppers and stir fry for 5 minutes until beginning to turn golden.
- Add the garlic and spices and cook for 1 minute, stirring. Stir in the tomatoes, stock and puree, add the carrots. Bring to simmer then cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- Stir in the sweet corn and beans and cook gently for a further10 minutes. Season if needed. Serve with cooked rice or warm Tortillas.
Tips : For a spicier dish you can add a few drops Tabasco sauce or use a fresh chilli, removing the seeds and chop finely (cook with the onion in step 1).
If fresh coriander is available, a handful of leaves chopped and added at the end will add a delicious flavour.